Friday, January 14, 2011

The Village of a Hundred Cathedrales, and where Joan D'Arc was burned


Rouen!
Very nice little town, not much going on here, but I did learn that the big sales in France were starting because many of the shops were closed on the afternoon before to prepare. 
I went out to wander the streets of Rouen, but it was a little...rainy.  And the museum was closed on Mondays...So, I went to a cafe and relaxed there, then hiked back to my couchsurfing host's apt. WAY up at the top of the hill.  Definitely a work out! 
That night we went to Benjamin's music conservatory and listened to a bunch of bands play tribute songs to the Red Hot Chili Peppers, then to the bars after that.

The next day I was going to Paris!
But, before, one of Benjamin's friends offered to give me a mini tour.  I saw MANY cathedrals, apparently they have a lot in Rouen, saw the place where Joan of Arc's trial took place, also got to see where they used to collect the bodies from the Plague and burn them... creepy!
A Cathedrale

And another...

More cathedrales..

The place where they burned plagued bodies!

Some of the carvings in the wood

Grabbed my train, and headed to PARIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment