Tuesday, November 16, 2010

GREECE, Athens

Arrived in Athens, my first stop on my own.  Flight and all went fine, intense security though on the Israel side! -Of course that should be expected-
Took the Metro to my couchsurfing host's place and was able to relax for a bit.  Then, the girl I stayed w/Emy, took me on a mini tour of Athens and the Acropolis.

She was great!   Gave me some info and we had a good time.  That night we went out to a hidden traditional Greek Taverna.  The food was delicious!  Oh, man.  Some amazing salad w/zuchini, yogurt, capers, and garlic that was excellent; and numerous kilos of house wine, which wasn't too bad after the first kilo...

After dinner we went out to a club that was tons of fun and made it home safe around 6am.
The next day was a bit of a waste do to the previous night, but made it out bright and early the following day!  Went to see the Acropolis, the Parthenon and all those Greek buildings and whatnot, (will elaborate later, it's cold outside right now and is the only place I have internet!)

That night I went out to the restaurant that Emy's father owns, Chez Lucien.  It was the cutest little French bistro!  -And the French Onion Soup was the best my taste buds have ever had-


Left for Mykonos at 7:30am the next morning.

Got here at 12:30pm, super long ferry ride, but gorgeous views along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment